Glucosamine is a naturally occurring chemical that’s produced in both dogs and humans. Glucosamine for dogs is a non-surgical, natural, safe treatment for hip dysplasia, arthritis and joint pain in dogs. It is necessary for the proper production of cartilage as well as for adequate joint lubrication. Glucosamine has been proven as effective as aspirin and Rimadyl in reducing pain, and it has the added advantage aspirin, and Rimadyl do not – it aids in rebuilding new tissue to increase your dog’s mobility and has none of the repulsive side-effects of Rimadyl or aspirin which include stomach irritation and liver Disease. The site myblissfuldogs has more information on the supplement for owners that are unsure of it.
Glucosamine for dogs is not new. It has been used in pill form to treat dogs for more than 20 years. In study after study, it has been proven to be one of the best arthritis supplements for dogs, dramatically reducing inflammation, pain, and swelling. There is also the liquid form of glucosamine which was developed in response to complaints from pet owners who had difficulty in giving the pill to their dog because it was too large.
Regardless of whether your pet dog is big or small, as they age their joints stiffen, and they lose mobility caused by arthritis within their joints bringing with it a lot of pain and distress to your pet. Glucosamine supplies the essential building block that can help rejuvenate the cartilage material in the joints and works in 3 ways:
- Neutralizing harmful enzymes that are found in the cartilage of all joints.
- It provides the required building blocks that are needed to create new cartilage.
- It will help to increase fluid around the joints necessary for lubrication.
Here is a list of the Ingredients in Glucosamine for dogs and what they do.
- The chondroitin sulfate neutralizes destructive enzymes in the body that attack cartilage. They are the natural building blocks of cartilage.
- Boswellin maintains the integrity of the blood vessels, improving the blood supply to the joints and reducing inflammation.
- Yucca helps your dog produce natural cortisone, which in turn reduces inflammation and pain.
- Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory that reduces pain and swelling without the unpleasant side-effects of other pain relievers.
- Vitamins A, C, & E promote the repair of body tissue and aid in the formation of bone.
The best candidate for glucosamine is a dog that may be displaying symptoms of limping and stiffness – especially in the early morning and during cold conditions. The stiffness has a tendency to fade away as your dog moves about and receives moderate exercise. In some cases, these dogs could have issues going up the stairs or even getting into the car. Sometimes they moan or whimper if sore spots are touched. If they have been put on pain treatments, the stiffness and also other symptoms return when the medicine is stopped.
The beautiful thing about glucosamine for dogs is that it contains only natural ingredients. It is safe and has been proven to be one of the extremely useful arthritis supplements for dogs. It eliminates joint pain and restores your dog’s quality life. So, if your dog is stiff and limping – if his quality of life has changed – consider supplementation with glucosamine for dogs.